Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Week 1 down!

Week 1 down and six more to go.  The first two weeks are the hardest, but if you can get through this believe me it will get easier.  As you commit to the changes over these 7 weeks- remember you are not alone. Tune out the nay-sayers and know you have your teammates a coach and plenty of others around you for support and encouragement.  



Pictured: Chicken Fajitas from Trudy's
It is fun to go out in Austin, especially on a beautiful days, or after a long week.  We are surrounded by Tex-mex and mmmmmm it is good, but it can sabotage all your hard work.
Don't let it! 




Tips when eating tex-mex:

  • order Fajitas-minus the tortillas
  • Skip the chips, just to hard to have "a few"
  • order water with lemon and drink drink drink- (whenever want to reach for a chip I drink my water)
  • If the water doesn't work engage in conversation, laugh, tell stories enjoy your company!
  • avoid alcoholic drinks loaded with sugar -if you must have your rita make it a "skinny rita."  yes they can do it I have had it.  
***This past sunday I went to Guerros with my family to celebrate my cousin running the marathon.  It was not the easiest to watch people drinking beer and margaritas while downing chips, but I used the tips above.  You know what, it worked.  I didn't feel deprived.  I was satisfied and happy when I was done, and didn't have to feel guilty because I fell off the wagon.  Plus, I had a "treat" the night before I ate a HUGE cupcake (my valentines treat:-) )





How was your first week?



3 comments:

Unknown said...

As much as I complain, it has not been that bad. I do not know if I can maintain the paleo as a lifestyle, but it has made me realize how much sugar and processed food I eat. I was looking at this site and saw Spartan 300 challenge and lo and behold my pic was there. So i really want my before and after pics to be great this time around.

ChrisG said...

I didn't realize how much eating heavy carbs in the morning really slowed me down all day. Now that I'm used to eating a good dose of protein - I'm feeling more full for the morning, and not combing through the kitchen cabinets at 10am.

Alex Janss said...

Awesome!! You are so true about the protein. The balance at all your meals is really going to help that hunger, and energy through out the day. You guys really are doing great!

Post a Comment

 

General's triple threat Design by Insight © 2009